Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
The dumplings consist of pork, shrimp, watercress, water chestnuts, and assorted seasonings, and they are absolutely delicious!
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork
- 1 cup chopped watercress
- 4 ounces water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces wonton skins
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, watercress, water chestnuts, green onion, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, ground white pepper and salt and mix together well.
- Place 1/2 teaspoonful of this filling onto each dumpling skin. Place 1 shrimp on the filling, slightly wet the edge of the dumpling skin, fold over and pinch with your fingers to form a seal all the way around.
- To cook: Pan fry the dumplings in a large skillet over medium heat with oil for 15 minutes, OR bake at 425 for 15 minutes, turning over halfway through OR Place them in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes; drain and serve in hot chicken broth or sweet and sour sauce.