Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I needed Cantonese sauce for a recipe I was making and couldn't get to the store, so I decided I could just make it. This recipe looked like the best with only a few minor changes. The best thing,homemade is always better!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat 1 T oil in saute pan add first three ingredients and cook just until garlic and ginger are fragrant.
- Add next five ingredients cook till sauce thickens and is clear.
- Add to sauce the sesame oil and seeds use as desired.