Recipe by Pokey in San Antonio, TX
Tired of the same old rib recipes--try these. The ingredients are, as the name implies Asian, but can be found in most large stores or at any Asian grocery store.
- 4 lbs pork ribs
- 4 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce (thick)
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese wine
- 2 tablespoons bean sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (regular)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare ribs by removing the membrane.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and warm slightly so sugar dissolves and corn starch incorporates.
- Pour over ribs and marinade in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Turn ribs occasionally to ensure even marinating.
- Remove ribs and bring to room temperature. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat grill/smoker to 200-225 degrees F.
- Cook ribs on grill using indirect heat method. Use apple, cherry, pecan, or mesquite wood for smoke. Cooking time should be around 1.5 - 2 hours. Turn and brush with marinade occasionally. Ribs are done when bones pull free from meat when twisted.
- Combine ingredients for glaze.
- Remove ribs and brush with glaze. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.