Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tired of the same old rib recipes--try these. The ingredients are, as the name implies Asian, but can be found in most large stores or at any Asian grocery store.
- Prepare ribs by removing the membrane.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and warm slightly so sugar dissolves and corn starch incorporates.
- Pour over ribs and marinade in refrigerator for 3-4 days. Turn ribs occasionally to ensure even marinating.
- Remove ribs and bring to room temperature. Reserve the marinade.
- Heat grill/smoker to 200-225 degrees F.
- Cook ribs on grill using indirect heat method. Use apple, cherry, pecan, or mesquite wood for smoke. Cooking time should be around 1.5 - 2 hours. Turn and brush with marinade occasionally. Ribs are done when bones pull free from meat when twisted.
- Combine ingredients for glaze.
- Remove ribs and brush with glaze. Let stand for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving.