Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this from a friend of mine after remarking that I would like to try making some pork dumplings at home.
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage or 1⁄2 cup bok choy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb finely ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 24 thin dumpling wrappers (Siu Mai)
- Toss cabbage with salt; place in colander to drain 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture. In a large bowl combine cabbage, pork and remaining ingredients; blend thoroughly.
- Place a wrapper in palm of one hand; place 1 heaping tbsp of stuffing in center of wrapper. Fold up sides of wrapper against the stuffing in 4 or 5 places. Carefully pick up remaining folds of wrapper, pressing them evenly against stuffing to shape dumplings into an open topped cylinder. Steam dumplings in steamer for 20-25 minutes.