Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The sauce from this is wonderful and can be doubled if desired, it can also be made ahead of time... this is a great recipe for pork chops. If you prefer a thicker sauce, mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water, then add to sauce.
- 10 pork chops (boneless preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- oil (for frying)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (cut into quarters with juice)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional and to taste)
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a baking dish.
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, flour and seasoning salt (or regular salt) pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip the pork chops in milk, then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Brown in hot oil on both sides; drain fat.
- Place the pork chops in prepared baking dish.
- To make the sauce: In the same frypan sauté onion and garlic for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes with juice, and remaining ingredients (with green pepper) bring to a boil, and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water.
- Add into tomato mixture, and cook, stirring until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops in the baking dish; toss lightly to coat the chops.
- Cover and bake in a 325°F oven for about 35-40 minutes, or until pork chops are tender.