1/1 Photo of Cantonese Pepper Steak for Two (Or More)
This recipe makes a great duo dinner. Or, you can easily double, triple or even quadruple it! Assemble in advance, then just throw in the oven 30 minutes before you are ready to eat! Serve over hot noodles or rice. Update: I have to admit that I prefer a good sirloin or filet mignon, but my DH actually prefers the top round steak (as written) in this recipe. Add minced garlic in place of the garlic powder, if you like, and also a pinch of freshly ground black pepper, is good. Recipe is from Cooking Sampler for 1 or 2 with Reynolds Consumer Products. Uses one regular size (10"x16") Reynolds Oven Cooking Bag (or use heavy duty aluminum foil).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place regular size (10"x16") Reynolds Oven Cooking Bag (or heavy duty aluminum foil) in 10x6x2-inch baking dish. Trim fat off meat; cut into thin strips, set aside.
- 2Combine cornstarch, ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce and bouillon in bag; turn gently to mix.
- 3Add meat. Close bag with nylon tie. Marinate in refrigerator 3 to 4 hours or overnight; turn once.
- 4When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add green pepper. Make 6 half-inch slits in top of bag.
- 5Cook 25 to 30 minutes or until beef is done.
- 6To serve, spoon over noodles or rice.
- 7Makes 2 servings.
- 8Note: Cook time does not include marinate time.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantonese Pepper Steak for Two (Or More)
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 725.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 26.6 g