Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old appetizer recipe that I have made countless times.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided (I use lite)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Drain pineapple; reserve syrup. Combine syrup, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, vinegar and catsup; set aside.
- Mix beef with remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion; shape into 20 meatballs. Brown meatballs in large skillet; drain off excess fat.
- Pour syrup mixture over meatballs; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into skillet with pineapple. Cook and stir until sauce thickens and pineapple is heated through.
I have been making these for years and they are my family's hands-down favorite. I serve them over rice as an entree. I have to triple the recipe and there are still no leftovers!
Nice change from the normal party type meatballs. We all liked it.