Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted in reply to a message board request for duck recipes. I don't know how authentic this recipe is, but its yummy just the same.
- 2 ready to cook wild ducks (1 to 2 pound each)
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 3 -5 fresh celery leaves
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (monosodium glutamate) (optional)
- Season both ducks inside and out with salt.
- Place half the orange wedges and a few celery leaves into the cavity of each bird.
- Place birds, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered in a hot (400°F/200°c) oven for 1 hour or until tender.
- If necessary, cover pan with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Prepare sauce by combining all (sauce) ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Heat through (for about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- During the last 10 minutes of roasting, baste ducks occasionally with sauce.
- Remove ducks from oven; discard stuffing.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Wonderful flavor, easy to prepare. My picky daughter loved every bite.
It may be yummy....but this is NOT Cantonese Duck. So if you are looking for a Cantonese Duck recipe, this isn't it.