Chris Reynolds's Note:
This is a great dinner salad for a warm summer day. My mother found this recipe and introduced me to it. I love the salad, even though it is a bit time consuming to make. With a hard roll, this is a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, medium size, shredded
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups boneless chicken breasts, skinned and sliced into 2-inch strips
- 3/4 lb sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1Combine the lettuce, celery, and cilantro in a large bowl. Spread noodles over the top.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, add chicken and stir until lightly browned and no longer pink. Add water chestnuts and peas and stir 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon and arrange over salad.
- 3Garnish with green onions,almonds, and radishes.
- 4Add about 1 cup to 1-1/2 cups of dressing and toss well. Pass the remaining dressing separately.
- 5TO MAKE DRESSING: Combine all ingredients, except mayonnaise, in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves. Add mayonnaise and blend until smooth. Makes 2-1/4 cups of dressing.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantonese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.8
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 661.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless chicken breasts