Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from an emailed Betty Crocker recipe, this is a quick and tasty Asian dish. You will need stir-fry sauce for this. Note: Make your own stir-fry vegetable combination when you mix 1 1/2 cups sliced celery, 1 1/4 cups sliced carrot, 3/4 cup snow pea pods and 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) bag stir fry vegetables (fresh or frozen - 4 cups, see note)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup cashew pieces
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- While rice is cooking, cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces. Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with salt. Stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes or until brown.
- Add vegetables and water to skillet. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in stir-fry sauce and honey; heat through.
- Divide rice and noodles among bowls. Top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cashews.