Recipe by Dorel
From Company's Coming cookbook. I've adjusted the recipe for 2 servings. This is a thin sauce but so tasty spooned over the chicken and mashed potatoes. Prep time does not include marinating. Easily doubled.
Top Review by monkeyhugger
Love this recipe - I've been making it for years. I usually double the sauce and put a 1/2 cup aside. Whisk in a tbsp of corn starch to the remaining sauce and pour over chicken for the last 15-20 mins of cook time to thicken.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken in dish just big enough to hold 2 breasts flat.
- Mix remaining ingredients well.
- Spoon over chicken, cover and marinate in fridge at least 1 hour.
- Turn chicken over and marinate at least 1 more hour.
- Bake, covered at 375* for 20 minutes.
- Baste chicken and bake uncovered for about 20 more minutes or until tender.