Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe came from a search, by request.
Make and share this Cantonese Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen French style green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained,thinly-sliced (optional)
- 1 cup buttered soft breadcrumbs (about 1 1/2 slices)
- Pour boiling water over beans to separate; drain well.
- In saucepan, melt butter; blend in flour.
- Stir in milk and soy sauce.
- Cook stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, cubed ham, beans and water chestnuts.
- Pour into greased 10x6x1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top; dash with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serves 6.