Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was originally posted by a former Zaar member.
- 3⁄4 cup meat drippings (beef bouillon cubes can be used) or 3⁄4 cup beef broth (beef bouillon cubes can be used)
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine the ingredients, adding the cornstarch last.
- Bring to a boil, stirring.
Perfect with recipe#133513. My family love it! Thanks!
It comes as a bit of an embarrassment that this recipe was posted by the first owner of the recipe in response to a recipe request I made in 2002. Shamefully, I had forgotten about it. It came to light again just this week while making Potscrubber's Ramen Noodle Egg Foo Yung. I finally made the sauce recipe to accompany Potsie's recipe, as he suggested. For the bottom line, the sauce was good, but a tad salty for me, so I would cut back a little on the oyster sauce by about a teaspoon if I made this again. Thanks for posting. ~Sue
I made this to go with Pot Scrubber's Ramen Noodle Egg Foo Young and it was great! I added 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger to spice it up a bit. Easy to make and delicious.