1 hr 30 mins
Koechin (Chef)'s Note:
I first tasted this recipe at an Art Seminar in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I reworked it somewhat to suit our taste. It was a big hit at a recent dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 18 g au jus mix
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges or 1 (11 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained and syrup reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Cut the meat into 1 inch cubes and brown in the oil.
- 2Add the onions and cook until onions are soft.Sprinkle with pepper. Add soy sauce, ginger and the drained syrup from the oranges or pineapple.
- 3Combine the AUS JUS Mix with the orange juice and water and add to the beef. Cover and cook over low heat until meat is tender. About 1 hour.
- 4Sauté green peppers and mushrooms in a little oil for a couple of minutes. Add the celery and water chestnuts and cook a couple more minutes.
- 5Combine the cornstarch with the 1/4 c water.
- 6Add to the tender cooked meat. Stir until thickened. Add the Veggies and heat through.
- 7I served this with Shanghai Noodles but did not use the chicken called for.
- 8*KNORR makes a wonderful "AU JUS" gravy mix.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantonese Beef!
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.0
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.9 mg
- Sodium 1034.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sirloin tip roast