Recipe by Dib's
This is an ingredient in steamed buns, or serve with stir fried veggies and steamed rice.
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Scotch whisky or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 4 lbs boneless pork butt
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients up to the five spice powder.
- Heat until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cut the pork into strips 2 inches wide, 7 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place in a zip lock baggie and marinate in cooled mixture overnight, up to 3 days in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Drain pork and set strips across roasting rack-have about 1 inch of water in the pan below.
- Roast for 15 minutes-turn and roast 15 minutes longer.
- Remove and glaze.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Glaze: Mix together all three ingredients and glaze cooked pork.