Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty salad consists of three types of beans and three peppers. The original recipe, an adaptation of a recipe from Sunset Magazine's book, "Cantina", called for each of the three types beans to be cooked separately, starting with a 1/2 cup of each of the dry beans. It's a healthier version, if you have the time to do the prep work.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 poblano chile, diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 chipotle chile
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- Mix the salad ingredients together in a two quart bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a blender.
- Add the dressing to the salad, and mix.
- Serve with rolls, or serve as a side dish.