Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe off the Kraft website. It makes a large pan. Suitable when you have to bring lunch after a meeting, function or pot luck.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherry, drained,divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat butter and cream cheese in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add brown sugar; beat until well blended.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Blend in honey.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cherries, pecans, and raisins.
- Spread into greased and floured 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake 350 for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Drizzle over warm bars.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cherries.
- Cool, cut into bars.