A simple chicken salad served in a cantaloupe half. I haven't tried this yet, but hope to very soon.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cantaloupes, halved, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, blueberries, celery, grapes and almonds.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Spoon into cantaloupe halves.
- Nutritional Information: One serving (prepared with sugar substitute, light mayonnaise and sour cream and without added salt) equals: 285 calories, 87 mg sodium, 36 mg cholesterol, 37 gm carbohydrate, 18 gm protein, 9 gm fat.