Recipe by drhousespcatcher
From Real Simple. Note: The Canatloupe soup is Vegan. I like unusual soups.. what can I say?
- 48 inches French baguettes
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cantaloupes, chilled, halved, and seeded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: flavored olive oil add to the taste of this sandwich. It's 2 baquettes.
- Cut each baguette lengthwise then cut into buns. Layer the mozzarella and prosciutto on the bottom of each sandwich bun.
- Drizzle with the oil and sandwich with the baguette tops; set aside.
- Puree the cantaloupe and salt. Pour into bowls and season. Serve with the sandwiches.