Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Unlike other cantaloupe soups, this has a touch of white wine. I also like the way it's served, with contrasting red watermelon balls. Vegan if whipped cream is omitted. From a cookbood of foods along the Danube, this recipe comes from Yugoslavia. I have not tried this yet.
Top Review by tampafoodie
I made this for brunch today, it was simple and easy to make and my friends liked it a lot. It had a refreshing taste and we served it in port wine classes, as a shooter. It could easily be served as a shot for a larger party or tasting menu.
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large cantaloupe, ripe, cut into small pieces
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 24 watermelon balls
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender, mix lemon juice, honey and nutmet with cantaloupe pieces.
- Blend in orange juice and wine.
- Chill thoroughly, about 1 hour.
- Before serving, mix well. Put 4 watermelon balls in each chilled soup plate, pour soup over and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.