Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a "do ahead" recipe. It makes a lovely first course. Take it on a picnic or serve at your next dinner party. It looks elegant and tastes refreshing! Takes minutes to make.
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled,seeded and quartered
- 1 large orange, squeezed for juice
- 1 grated orange, rind of (reserve for garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (I use coffee cream)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- Chop melon into small pieces and place in food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add orange juice, cream,sugar, salt& ginger.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- When serving sprinkle with grated orange peel.
This was so refreshing but it really depends on the cantalope for flavor. So be sure the cantalopes are in season befor trying this rcipe.
Very pleased with this recipe. Nice, light summery dessert. I garnished with fresh raspberries instead of orange peel. I agree that you have to be careful with the cantaloupe since the seasonings are very subtle.
Hubby and son didn't care for it, but I did. I added more OJ, lime and sea salt to snazz up the flavor.