Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I saw a recipe close to this in the booklet that came with my ice cream maker. I changed a few things to suit my tastes. Cook time is chill time. For best results make this the day before you want to serve it.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups fresh cantaloupe or 4 cups frozen cantaloupe, chopped in bite sized pieces, slightly thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and water in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer and stir until sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat, place in refrigerator and cool completely.
- Puree cantaloupe and lemon juice, and sugar water.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker directions.