Recipe by MNLisaB
A refreshing summer salad, from our local upscale grocery store. The sweetness of the cantaloupe balances the mild heat of the sopressata. If you don't care for feta, you could sub any fresh cheese, mozzarella, provolone or asiago would be divine.
Top Review by Paula5
An interesting and wonderfully refreshing and tasty dish. I sliced the cantalope into then lengthwise pieces and layed them across the plate with thin slices of salami to make it pretty, then poured on the dressing and sprinkled on the feta, adding some extra ground pepper. My husband is still raving. Thanks!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs cantaloupes, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 5 slices thinly sliced sopressata salami, cut into thin strips, cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese