Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Cool and refreshing summer treat. The recipe calls for freezing in the freezer overnight. I used my ice cream freezer and the results were wonderful. This recipe comes from an advertising insert.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half, scoop out and discard seeds.
- Peel and slice the melon; cut into large pieces.
- Place in a blender container along with milk and honey.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze overnight or until firm.
- Or my method, pour into ice-cream freezer and freeze according to manufactuers recommendations.
- My ice-cream maker takes about 30 minutes; however the cooking time given reflects freezing overnight.
This recipe does NOT have 35 calories per serving! FF Sweet. Cond. Milk only has 10 less calories than the regular. The actual calorie breakdown is: 1 - 14oz can FF Sw.Cond. Milk 1200 1 - medium cantaloupe 188 2T honey 128 For a grand total of 1516 If this is 9 servings then this is 168.44 calories per servings. That is almost 5 times the amount listed! Not a low calorie snack, in fact it is more than some low cal ice cream recipes, but it is a fat free one.
Reviewed for ZWT7 Pacific Islands visit- such an easy to prepare ice-cream. Who'd have thought one rockmelon and one can of condensed milk could taste so good? My family loved this frozen dessert- served with fresh strawberries. 5 stars for a super easy and tasty recipe :D
I only had regular sweetened condesed milk so it was bit richer. This is a little bit too sweet for my taste but I think this will be great for the warmer months coming up. It was very simple to make and only took a couple of hours in the freezer(no ice-cream maker). I will make this again for the summer. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT5