1 hr 20 mins
Rule to follow when choosing a melon: if it doesn’t smell like a cantaloupe, it won’t taste like a cantaloupe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle gelatin over the water in a small custard cup; set aside to soften for 5 minutes.
- 2Chop the cantaloupe, reserving any juice; place chunks, juices, and salt in a blender.
- 3Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the canister as needed; set aside.
- 4Warm 1 cup of milk in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- 5Decrease heat to very low and stir in the gelatin mixture, just until dissolved, for no more than 20 seconds; do not simmer.
- 6Pour the warm milk mixture and the remaining 1 cup milk into the blender with the cantaloupe puree; blend until smooth.
- 7Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 8Freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 9Serve at once or transfer to freezer containers and store in freezer for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantaloupe Sherbet
Serving Size: 1 (1192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 869.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 200.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 202.3 g
- Protein 22.3 g