24 hrs 30 mins
Found this last night in "The Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt Cookbook)(Mable and Gar Hoffman). I think I've died and gone to heaven, this is so good ... (Cooking time includes hours of refrigeration and freezing -- it probably doesn't take that long to prepare.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree cantaloupe chunks and lemon juice in a food processor.
- 2In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, and milk. (You may want to do this over low heat in a large saucepan, depending on how crystallized your honey is.) Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Combine cantaloupe puree and sugar/milk mixture. Stir until well blended.
- 4Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- 5Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 6Serve, savor, and faint with delight!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantaloupe Sherbet
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g