Recipe by KLHquilts
Found this last night in "The Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt Cookbook)(Mable and Gar Hoffman). I think I've died and gone to heaven, this is so good ... (Cooking time includes hours of refrigeration and freezing -- it probably doesn't take that long to prepare.)
- 1 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 cups skim milk (nonfat, lowfat, evaporated skim, use any combination you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree cantaloupe chunks and lemon juice in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey, and milk. (You may want to do this over low heat in a large saucepan, depending on how crystallized your honey is.) Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine cantaloupe puree and sugar/milk mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve, savor, and faint with delight!