Recipe by Ilysse
This is wonderful. Don't run because it sounds different. If you like prosciutto and melon you will probably like this. Comes from The Italian Country Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper.
- 0.5 (3 lb) cantaloupe, seeds removed
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (I've used red with good results)
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons scallion tops
- 2 slices soppressata, cut into thin strips (or your favorite salami)