Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I use this relish with grilled fish or chicken. Cooking time is actually chilling time....no cooking!
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and diced (about 2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh and minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh and minced
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the first six ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Combine the lemon juice and remaining ingredients, stirring well. Pour the lemon juice mixture over the cantaloupe mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Although I like to think that I followed your recipe pretty well, I did make what some might think of as a huge change ~ I substituted a tablespoon of jalapeno for for the listed serrano! Other than that, though, I was pretty true to the list of ingredients, & we thought this relish was delicious! Loved it on salmon & look forward to using it with chicken breasts! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing in Please Review My Recipe during the current tour]