Recipe by Pianolady
A fantastic recipe from Emeril Lagasse 20 - 40 - 60 Fresh Food Fast -- we eat it often during the summer!
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon minced basil (Any herbs may be used that total 1 Tablespoon together)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄4 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄4 tablespoon minced dill
- 8 ounces fresh arugula (rinsed and spun dry)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium cantaloupe, halved, seeded, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- While continuously whisking, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated.
- Whisk in the herbs and set aside while you prepare the salad.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula and red onion.
- Drizzle in 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette to taste, if desired, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to combine.
- Arrange the cantaloupe wedges on a large serving plate and top with the arugula salad and prosciutto.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Any unused vinaigrette can be stored in a non-reactive, airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.