Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this. I'm posting it for a request. It looks simple and easy. A good way to use up a very ripe cantaloupe before it goes to waste too!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 large cantaloupe, very ripe
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided use
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- baked pie shell
- Peel, seed, and dice melon.
- In a medium sauce pan mix 1/2 the sugar with melon and cook until melon is tender and soft.
- Mash melon.
- Mix flour with remaining sugar; add beaten egg yolks and butter.
- Mix in mashed melon.
- Pour into pie shell and cover with meringue made from the egg whites sweetened to taste.
- Brown meringue in oven.
- Cool pie.
Yuck, This pie didn't set up at all. Tasted pretty bland too. Skip it.