- 4 cups cantaloupe, peeled seeded and chopped
- 4 cups peaches, peeled seeded and chopped
- 6 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the cantaloupe and peaches to a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, for 15 minutes.
- Add in sugar and lemon juice, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add in the lemon rind and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take pot from oven burner; skim off foam.
- Pour hot mixture into hot, sterilzed jars, fill to about 1/4-inch from top.
- Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Cover immediately with jar lids and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.