Prep1 hr 30 mins
My mom makes this and I love it.
Make and share this Cantaloupe Peach Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Add the cantaloupe and peaches to a large pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stir constantly, for 15 minutes.
- Add in sugar and lemon juice, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat and simmer 30 to 45 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add in the lemon rind and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Take pot from oven burner; skim off foam.
- Pour hot mixture into hot, sterilzed jars, fill to about 1/4-inch from top.
- Remove air bubbles and wipe jar rims.
- Cover immediately with jar lids and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Excellent flavor--very pretty in the jar. I reduced the sugar to 5 cups, cooked 55 minutes, temperature of 230 on jelly thermometer. Set up perfect. Made 7 8 oz. jelly jars
I had both cantelopes and peaches left over from this week's farm share so I thought this would be perfect. The taste is great, 5 stars. I cooked for over an hour and it wasn't coming close to setting up. I added a packet of liquid pectin and STILL cooked it for 20 minutes. And probably could have gone longer.
I ended up cooking mine longer as many others did because it didn't seem to be setting up. However, it ended up turning into candy from cooking it too long. It still tastes good, but I'm wondering if weeping the fruit with the sugar first might speed up the cooking process a bit.