Preserved melon with a hint of ginger. Probably one of the more unusual fruits to preserve, but delicious. Would make a special gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drop melon into boiling water.
- 2Let water return to a boil, then drain.
- 3Rinse with ice water, and let drain for 20 minutes.
- 4Spread the melon on a platter, sprinkle with alcohol and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 5Make a syrup by mixing 2 cups of the sugar with the cup of water.
- 6Add the ginger to the syrup and cook mixture over low heat, gradually adding the rest of the sugar.
- 7Add the melon to the syrup and continue cooking until melon becomes transparent.
- 8Remove the ginger.
- 9When mixture has cooled, place in jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantaloupe or Honeydew Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 92.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: