Recipe by Kitsune
An unusual but moist and tasty cake. I found this recipe online but I don't remember which site. Alternate recipe; replace cantaloupe with honeydew melon and cinnamon with ginger.
Top Review by eugenia_dianna
It took way longer to bake than 30 minutes. The cake was very liquid and I baked it for another hour at 350 degrees. And it still was not baked. I will not bake this cake again.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups self-rising flour (or 2 cups regular flour teaspoons baking powder)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1 cup white raisins (I omitted the raisins and it came out fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Combine oil, sugar, and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, and baking soda; add to oil mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in cantaloupe, apple, and raisins.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F; bake 10 minutes longer, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.