Recipe by ~Nimz~
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar and haven't tried it yet. I don't know how long it takes to make this so I estimated. Sounds good.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a delicious dessert. Quick and easy to make, light and refreshing. A perfect ending to any meal. I subed lime sherbert and frozen tropical yogurt for the raspberry sherbert, as I was out. They both worked well with the raspberry sauce and the sweet, juicy cantaloupe slices. Thanks so much for sharing another wonderful recipe.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (Or unsweetened frozen raspberries, defrosted)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (Or raspberry-flavored brandy) (optional)
- 2 cantaloupe
- 3 cups raspberry sherbet
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, whirl raspberries until pureed.
- Pour through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Stir sugar and liqueur (if used) into puree and mix well; cover and chill.
- Halve cantaloupes and remove seeds; peel and cut into thin slices.
- Line each of 8 small dessert bowls or goblets with 3 or 4 melon slices.
- Top melon with a scoop of sherbet and pour 2 tablespoons chilled raspberry sauce over sherbet.
- Raspberry sherbet in goblets lined with sliced cantaloupe and topped with Melba sauce would make a memorable finale for a menu featuring an egg and cheese dish.