Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from one of my Food and Wine Cookbooks. It would be good with grilled chicken or maybe pizza. Jicama would be a good addition/substitution.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cantaloupe, julienned
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup mango, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup Asian pear, julienned
- In a glass bowl, dissolve the sugar in the lime juice.
- Stir in the cilantro, fish sauce, chile sauce and garlic.
- In another bowl combine the cantaloupe, carrot, mango and Asian pear.
- Add the dressing and toss. Refrigerate until cold.