1/1 Photo of Cantaloupe Jam
1 hr 30 mins
For mom. Select melons that are ripe, but avoid very ripe melons or the jam will be too sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an 8-quart pan, combine the cantaloupe, lemon juice, sugar, and butter.
- 2Over med-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Increase heat to med-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Stir in the entire contents of both pectin pouches; return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 6Remove pan from the heat; skim off any foam.
- 7To prevent jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool for 5 minutes before filling the jars.
- 8Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
- 9Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- 10Wipe jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth; cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- 11Process half-pint jars in a 200°F water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantaloupe Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 935.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 237.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g