Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
For mom. Select melons that are ripe, but avoid very ripe melons or the jam will be too sweet.
Make and share this Cantaloupe Jam recipe from Food.com.
- In an 8-quart pan, combine the cantaloupe, lemon juice, sugar, and butter.
- Over med-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to med-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the entire contents of both pectin pouches; return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from the heat; skim off any foam.
- To prevent jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool for 5 minutes before filling the jars.
- Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
- Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth; cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
- Process half-pint jars in a 200°F water bath for 10 minutes; pint jars for 15 minutes.
Super easy to make! Tastes just like the cantaloupe I used which was odd! I used a blender to crush my cantaloupe cause it was still pretty firm.