These little bites of sunshine were tart, sweet, moist and crunchy all at the same time. I thought about the cantaloupe pulp I froze over the summer and wanted to add a little memory of warmer weather to the muffins, and knew this would be the perfect way. Of course, a celebration of the here and now needed to be added, so what better combination than cantaloupe and cranberries?
- drain the cantaloupe pulp well before measuring out the 1/2 cup, it should not have any visible watery liquid.
- mix with the sugar, egg, yogurt, ginger and cinnamon and combine thoroughly.
- add cranberries.
- incorporate flours and baking powder only until moistened.
- fill muffin tin cups (sprayed with cooking spray)with 1/4 cup of mixture.
- add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Granola to the top of each muffin.
- bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
I'd almost forgotten the frozen chunked cantaloupe i still had frozen (I started several years ago doing that so I'd have some on hand for making smoothies!) so I used some of that along with the cranberries I ALWAYS have on hand in the freezer! These muffins were very well received this past weekend when my other half took care of our part in the park-wide garage sale! I used a variety of fresh muffins to lure prospective buyers in, & apparently it worked! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]