Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Interesting variation of cheesecake. I have not tried this one. It is posted for a request. But I'm always looking for new and interesting cheesecake recipes and this certainly fits the bill.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pureed cantaloupe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Measure out 1-cup dry cake mix; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together remaining cake mix, one egg and oil.
- Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press crust mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In same bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and salt.
- Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- At low speed gradually add cantaloupe, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is firm.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This has a very subtle cantaloupe flavor. I found it easy to make and the directions were very clear. We thought it was very good and will definitely make it again.
very bland--but creamy and smooth.