- 1 medium fresh cantaloupe, rind and seeds removed
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 3/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 container pesto sauce (or your favorite pesto recipe)
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto
- 1⁄2 lb hard cheese or 1⁄2 lb romano cheese or 1⁄2 lb parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 lb pecorino cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cantaloupe into thin chunks about 2 inches square.
- Spread bread rounds with pesto.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice cheese into 6 thick slices.
- Assemble bruschetta as follows: bread round, prosciutto slice, cheese slice, melon slice.
- Secure with wooden skewers or long toothpicks.
- Serve immediately.