Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite smoothie flavor combinations. I usually use soy milk powder and soy yogurt, but this is really outstanding with real dairy milk and yogurt as well.
- 1 banana, cut in chunks and frozen
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth and creamy.
I have to admit I was skeptical about the combination of banana and cantaloupe, but I had some of each I needed to use up, so I gave it a shot, and I LOVED IT! I used "regular" milk instead of powdered, and skipped the orange juice & honey. Thanks so much!
Ohh.. this is tropical balmy island quality. Dry milk powder isn't used in our home; oats were used instead.
I have been making this smoothy on and off for about 10 years and have found it to be one of the best. I add about 1/4 teaspoon of ginger to mine.