Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's Living With Cancer Cookbook. It is very good for a summer night, when you have leftover chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups cantaloupe
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup red grapes or 1 cup green grape, cut in half
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into strips
- Mix yogurt and mayonnaise in large bowl.
- Stir in lemon juice, chives and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
This salad has a delightful combination of flavors...sweet and tangy and creamy. It was a great way to use some leftover chicken, which went well with all the various fresh vegetables and fruit. I will make this salad again, and maybe try it with a bit of ground ginger and maybe some chopped walnuts. But even as the recipe is written, it is a great salad.