Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From June 2012 Vegetarian Times. Cava is a sparkling wine from Spain. This recipe calls for cava brut, which is a dry variety, but you may use seco or semi-seco wine for slightly sweeter results. Use small cantaloupes which smell sweet at the stem end.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs cantaloupe, peeled and cut into small chunks (4 cups)
- 1 cup cava brut sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sugar, honey and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 1 minute, or until sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Puree cantaloupe with sugar syrup, cava, and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- Pour puree into ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack sorbet into freezer container and press plastic wrap or wax paper directly onto surface of sorbet. Cover, and freeze 2 hours, or until firm.