Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this delicious recipe from the cookbook Young and Hungry by Dave Lieberman. Bright fresh flavors make this recipe good anytime of the day.
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, washed
- 1 pint fresh raspberry, washed (or other berries)
- 1 small handful fresh mint sprig
- 1 orange
- Place the melon pieces and berries in a bowl. Wash and dry the mint sprigs. Remove the leaves and chop them roughly. Add to the prepared fruit.
- Cut the orange in half and juice each half over the fruit bowl, using one hand to catch any seeds.
- Toss before serving.
Used all fresh locally grown, organic berries! Mint from the garden, too!
Valencia oranges chosen. Yum! Serving the leftovers this morning over
a scoop of Nancy's whole milk yogurt. Made from ZWT and Veg Tag/August.
Outstanding & refreshing salad, & definitely what's called for on a hot day! I don't usually add mint when it's called for, but did include this time, & must admit that it added a nice touch! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]