Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Kielbasa can be one of those things where you get it on sale and then you're like "Now what?" This is such a great recipe to use... perfect for weeknights since it comes precooked and in our house there are never any leftovers. Easily adaptable to use the spices you like or add-in's like mushrooms, bell peppers, etc. Enjoy!
- 16 ounces kielbasa, sliced (your favorite brand and flavor, comes precooked)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 14 1⁄2 ounces beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked angel hair pasta (or any pasta you like)
- Slice kielbasa into bite sized pieces and saute over medium high heat in a dutch oven or large pot. Stir occasionally until browned on both sides and slightly caramelized. Remove from pot, cover, keep warm.
- Using the juices from the kielbasa, sauté onions until soft (add a little oil if needed) and just as onions become soft, add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and beef broth. Stir until combined.
- Add spices and return kielbasa to pot. Bring to a slight boil then simmer over low heat for 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions about 10-15 minutes before meat sauce is ready. When ready to serve, combine pasta and meat sauce and serve with garlic bread. If you prefer, you can serve the noodles plain with the meat sauce on top of it.