Title is self explanatory! I usually have to double this recipe because my family eats so much of it at one sitting! I am always asked for this recipe, so enjoy!! ;-)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, tenderize onions in butter in a medium saucepan, but do not brown.
- Stir in flour and peppers.
- Add milk.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add Velveeta and stir until melted.
- Add macaroni to a 1 quart casserole dish and stir in cheese sauce until well blended.
- Bake uncovered in a 350* oven for 25 minutes, then add tomato slices to top of mac'n cheese and cook 5 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes and eat as much as you can stand!