Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Originally from Taste of Home, the only change I have made to this recipe is the name. It was originally named for a themed party and we don't always need a party to make it! We renamed it based on what everyone who tastes it always says....
- 5676.0 ml popped popcorn
- 473.18 ml brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- Place popcorn (6 qts. = about 24 cups) in a large bowl and set aside. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in vanilla and baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated.
- Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in.x 2-in baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250 for 45 minutes,stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely. (I find it easier to remove from the pan and break up when it is still SLIGHTLY warm.)
- Store in airtight container or plastic bags. Yield: about 5-1/2 quarts.
I have made this a several times now and it is always a hit. I haven't found 1 person who does not like it.
You just can't beat homemade caramel corn. This was simpe to make and tasted yummy. I added some honey roasted peanuts. I will be making this often. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Made for Aussie/NZ Swap April, 2008.