Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another yummy and simple recipe from my mom!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle top with powdered sugar.
I have been making this bundt cake for years and it is to die for! There is only one thing i do differently in mine...I add 1 tsp. butter flavoring...I haven't tried it without it, but I think it gives it that extra kick. Such a moist cake...you really cant stop eating it! This is a must try!
I love almond poppy seed muffins/cake/bread, but so many recipes are lemon. I only used 3 eggs and 3/4 cup sour cream, and I stirred in about 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract. I baked them in mini muffin cups (I got 72 mini muffins!) at 350 for about 12 minutes. They were moist and had a pillowy soft texture. I got MANY compliments on them, too. Thanks for a WONDERFUL recipe!
This was a great find! Thank you for posting a new family favorite!