Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good ole Mom has perfected this over the years. This is the one dish the entire family likes. It is simple and smells wonderful while simmering.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopefrench original chili seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (if you like yours a little more soupy) (optional)
- 3 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans (or 4 if desired to your taste)
- Mix cooked beef, chilli mix, Rotel, paste, sauce and beans in dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for this mixture to reach boiling stage sauté bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Add to boiling mixture.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover (vent lid) and cook a MINIMUM of 1 hour.
- The longer it simmers the better.
- This is great leftover.
- We serve with American cheese and corn chips.
- I hope you let me know how you like it so I can tell Mom!
Lynn13 please tell your Mom this has just replaced a chili recipe that I have had in my family. We love it so very much. i fryed the ground beef and then added it all to the crockpot. This is wonderful.I had to keep with Marks family thing and had to add Chick peas. We just love it. Thank You
This chili was delicious. I have never thought of making chili with pinto beans. It was a nice change. Thanks