Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen. I thought this recipe was simple and delicious. I served it with Rice Pilaf
- 4 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
- Spread onions and pepper in a 13x9 inch baking dish and place fish on top. Dot the fish with butter.
- Sprinkle a little Worchestershire sauce and bake for 12 minutes then baste fish with pan juices.
- Sprinkle the fish with Parmesan and then place under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until the cheese browns.
- To serve, spoon vegetables over the fish.
I bought some fresh rockfish (west coast version of red snapper) and prepared it using this recipe from Paula's The Lady & Sons, Too! I cut the amount of butter in half and used red bell pepper and a mixture of green and yellow onions. The original recipe calls for baking the fish 8 minutes then turning and baking another 8 minutes ~ I think this helped the fish absorb the lovely vegetables a bit more. Served on mashed potatoes with a spinach salad. So glad you had already posted, Valerie, so I won't ever lose this delicious recipe!
Made this for dinner last night and what an easy and delicious dish! Served it with sauteed spinach and garlic and garlic rice. Definately will make this again. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag game Nov. 2009.